Recently Bhuvan Verma interviewed Ms. Gunjan Danani who has given her take on how important STEM education is for the 21st century. Stating how schools and students benefit from the STEM curriculum which makes learning more hands-on and relatable.
STEM works for school is a platform introduced by India STEM Foundation where we invite educators who are a member of the STEM community to impart education and provide direction to the students who are willing to pursue their careers or are eager to learn more about STEM.
About Ms. Gunjan Danani principal of Seth Anand Ram Jaipuria School, Lucknow
Ms. Gunjan Danani , Principal of Anandram Jaipuria School , Alambagh Campus started her career as an executive at Indian Market Research Bureau, in a journey of 25 yrs,is now a name to reckon with amongst Principles of various educational Institutions in Lucknow. She also headed the NIE ( Newspaper in Education ), a parallel vertical of the Times of India Group. She portrays an example of an excellent leader and is an epitome of hard work and determination.
About Seth Anand Ram Jaipuria School, Lucknow
Seth Anand Ram Jaipuria School is a co-educational private school in Lucknow, running under the guidance of principal Ms Gunjan Danani. Seth Anandram Jaipuria School, Lucknow was inaugurated by Honorable Shri Akhilesh Yadav, Chief Minister, Uttar Pradesh, on 17 April 2016. It is an ISF partner institute, it shows active participation in the activities organized by India STEM Foundation and supports the mission and vision of STEM.
About Mr. Bhuvan Verma
A visionary people leader, bestselling author, a human geographer, Mr Bhuvan has some wonderful accomplishments under his belt, some of which are blue sky- battery Powered rickshaws, greenfield- virtual labs etc.
Ms. Gunjan Danani, principal of Seth Anand Ram Jaipuria School, Lucknow, was interviewed by Bhuvan where she shared her ideas about the assistance STEM works for schools provides to the students in the transition between school to college by teaching them some essential qualities like leadership skills. She also gave her key takeaway on how to deal with failures and turn them into success. She encouraged pupils to broaden their knowledge and encouraged them to express their creativity and innovation.
How does STEM education help students transition between school and college better?
STEM helps students develop some necessary skills which support them during the transition between school and college. Knowledge of STEM subjects also includes learning about various things such as innovation, enhancing the concepts of students, promoting them to discover more about the STEM field and finding out what suits them best.
Integrated inquiry is the merging of problems, research and solution together. Going deeper into a topic or researching it, finding answers to questions lurking around in your mind and coming across a solution or a satisfactory answer is involved in the process.
Leadership is all about the right attitude, it is the ability to succeed while also advancing others who are close to you or who report to you. STEM education enhances your qualities such as leadership, once you take part in activities in a group and perform a task as a team.
It is next to impossible for anyone to avoid failures in life, but how we look at it and how much we learn from it is what defines us. Behind every failure there lies a lot of success. You have gained knowledge and improved yourself by learning something new.
Introduction of STEM clubs in every school should be done to empower students to join such clubs which will promote students to get in touch with their creative side and motivate them to think out of the box. Students can perform activities and get out-of-class knowledge.
- They get to know about how STEM education helps students transition between school and college.
- Students learn about leadership qualities and how to build them.
- Teaching about how failure is a step towards the ladder of success.
- An educator must make things similar and more relative to real-world problems.
- Promote students to inquire on the STEM subjects that interest them and let their creative selves think out of the box.
- Educators should motivate students towards activities that will give students out of class learning.
- Institutes should introduce clubs such as STEM clubs to let the students think out of the box and find solutions to the problems on their own.
- Be a leading STEM smart institute in your city, portray an example for others.
- To help the students gain more information that will help them expand their prospects and options around STEM.
STEM works for schools aimed at providing students with a chance to learn from top educators from partner schools, colleges and institutes and to seek guidance and learn from their experiences.
Mission and Vision
The mission is to reach a larger audience and to provide the maximum number of students with help and counselling of STEM works for schools. To provide students with insights on STEM subjects and related career opportunities, and also help them keep track of the current events related to STEM in the world. Facilitate students with a chance to be guided by top mentors from prestigious schools, colleges and institutes.
Who Do We Invite?
We invite all the educators that are joined with us in our mission from different prestigious training institutes, from schools, colleges, and universities all over India; who are in partnership with ISF and are playing an essential role in making STEM accessible to all.
Benefits Of Getting Interviewed at STEM Works for Schools?
- Make yours and your institute’s ideologies related to STEM reach out to millions of students globally. Enhance students’ knowledge with new ideas and innovations.
- Inspire young minds by boosting their curiosity with your mission and vision about STEM and help them to bring their creative powers to become the innovations of the new world.
- Help us create free STEM resources for everyone. Students’ despite their locations and backgrounds are able to access the knowledge of STEM.
- Create a strong alliance with India STEM foundation to collaborate and connect on multiple different grounds to host multiple different events and competitions in their city and give their children a learning and fruitful experience.
- Get to be a part of a strong-knit STEM community in India and provide children with an opportunity to develop good careers around STEM.
- Stand out to be a STEM leader amongst the others. Motivate others to be a part of the change too.
Scroll down to get to know about the procedure to be an ISF partner institute.
REGISTER YOUR SCHOOL WITH ISF
Does My School need to be An ISF Partner Institute?
Yes, it is mandatory to be an ISF partner school along with following the STEM Curriculum, bringing changes from elementary to high school level. This will help them develop 21st Century skills such as critical thinking, problem-solving, creativity and teamwork.
Is there A Fee to Become an ISF Partner Institute?
No, there are no fees to be an ISF partner Institute all you need to sign a MoU. If you have the will to bring a better change into the world and have a positive approach towards STEM. Join us now if you’re willing to join us on the journey.
GET CONNECTED FOR MORE INFORMATION :
You can be a part of the STEM education conference in India if you’re a member of the panel.
How Can You Join the Panel
Be an ISF partner institute, tie with ISF India and be a part of the STEM educating conference in India- PANEL.
The meetings will be held on online platforms.
TOPIC OF the DISCUSSION
The major topics of discussion will be the changes to be made in the curriculum, how educating STEM subjects affects lives, the attitude change of students towards STEM, and how students respond to the events and competitions.